What is Lipo Dissolve?
Lipo Dissolve is a non-surgical treatment used to treat small pockets of fat tissue, it is a prescribed medication containing Phosphatidylcholine, which dissolves fat. Perfect for treating areas such as:
- Fat under the chin
- Back of arms
- Small areas on abdomen/sides or legs
It is a naturally occurring compound found in the body, which is used to break down small areas of subcutaneous fat. The breakdown of the subcutaneous fat is gradual and occurs via the liver. It is important to leave 6-8 weeks in between treatments.
What Lipolysis is NOT:
- It is not a replacement for a necessary change of lifestyle. Eg more exercise and change of nutrition
- It is not a means of weight reduction it is not a therapy to treat obesity in general
- It is not a replacement for liposuction in general and especially if there is sizeable area to treated
Before treatment photos and measurements will be taken. The treatment and process is discussed and questions asked and consent obtained Treatment:
- The area that requires treating is cleansed and local anaesthetic is applied to the area for 30-45mins
- The phosphatidylcholine is then injected into the area via fine needles
- The treated area may be red, swollen and itchy with possible bruising
- Inflammation lasts up to 7 days
- A gentle massage to the area helps disburse the swelling and possible bruising
- Keep the area clean and free of stringent products
- Use Arnica and/or Hirudoid cream
- Ice may be applied
How Many Lipolysis Treatments are required:
One to four treatments may be needed to achieve the required results depending on the volume of fat. This can be discussed in a free consultation prior to treatment.